Welcome to our Reception Class page, where we love to learn through play! Please check regularly to find out what we have been working on in class. We as a team are looking forward to working together so that your child has a very exciting and productive year.
Starting Reception is a very important and exciting time for children and parents. Here in Reception we offer the children lots of opportunities to learn and explore through play within our continually changing provision areas (indoors and outdoors). The children will learn through a mixture of adult led and child initiated learning, both of which are as equally important in a child’s development.
Things to do at Home to help your child:-
· Practise name writing. Please make sure your child uses lower case letters except for their initial letter.
· Share reading books, discussing plots, characters and their feelings, as well as simply decoding the text.
Pocket Phonics: a super resources for teaching letters and sounds including reading, writing and spelling.
Doodle Buddy: a paint app which helps develop hand eye coordination.
Bee Bot: an app which helps improve directional language (forwards, backwards, left right etc.)
· Every child must bring a coat to school
· Every Child must bring their book bag into school every day
· We use our outdoor provision daily so wellies are essential, please bring in a pair to leave in school!
· Please label everything!
Newsletter spr 1