Any parents or interested party can complain if a school or local education authority is not fulfilling its legal duties in offering the National Curriculum, including R.E. and worship.
Our school procedure for dealing with complaints is that:-
- There is an expectation of pupils, staff and parents to listen carefully and respectfully to each other.
- Children, parents or carers should contact us immediately they perceive a difficulty or problem.
- Minor complaints should be dealt with by the class teacher but, if the child or parent is not satisfied refer the matter to the Headteacher.
- Serious complaints will be investigated immediately by the Headteacher
- A parent who is still not satisfied should contact the Chair of Governors ( or another member of the Governing Body)
- If a parent is still not satisfied, the Chair of Governors will appoint a Governing Body Appeal Panel.
- If the person making the complaint is still not satisfied, the complaint can be referred to the Secretary of State.